The first maternal blood test able to detect major fetal chromosomal alterations, avoiding the risks of amniocentesis. Echevarne Laboratory offers 4 types of Non Invasive Prenatal Test, so that the pregnant woman can choose the one that best fits her particular situation:
Price Basic NIPT: 550€ / Turnaround time: 8 working days (monday to friday)*
Precio Basic NIPT + 22q11.2: 700€ / Turnaround time: 8 working days (monday to friday)*
Precio Extended NIPT: 750€ / Turnaround time: 8 working days (monday to friday)*
* In low fetal sex fractions, the turnarpund time may vary.
Multiple pregnancies, with ovular donation or parental consanguinity.
Price special cases NIPT: 600€ / Turnaround time: 10 working days (monday to friday)
Characteristics NIPT (1, 2, 3):
- It distinguishes the fetal DNA from maternal DNA.
- Specificity and sensitivity > 99% in trisomies detection. Specificity > 99 % and a sensitivity > 94% in microdeletions detection.
- Starting on the 9th week of pregnancy.
- It detects cases of vanishing twin and triploidy and microdeletions cases.
Microdeletion are small losses of genetic material that can not be detected by other noninvasive tests and whose risk is not associated with maternal age. In these cases, an early intervention can help treating physical, emotional and developmental problems, improving the well-being of the newborn.
- Not possible when less than 9 weeks of gestation.
- Can not detect fetal trisomy mosaicism, partial alterations (as microdeletions or microduplications) of the studied chromosomes and all deletions associated with each microdeletion syndrome.
- Not recommended if you have recently received (within 6 months) a blood transfusion or bone marrow transplant.
Characteristics Special Cases NIPT (4):
- Specificity greater than 98 %.
- Starting on the 10th week of pregnancy.
Interpretation of the results:
- A LOW RISK result does not rule out the possibility of fetal chromosomal involvement, however, studies show that it excludes the chance of these syndromes in 99% of the cases.
- To confirm a HIGH RISK result it is required a definitive diagnostic test in amniotic fluid. Echevarne Laboratory offers (included in the price of Noninvasive Prenatal Test) the realization of molecular karyotype CarioChip®
*Contact to the Lab to agree conditions to do this test.