The main activity of this unit is the analysis of the most common findings in both blood (glucose, transaminases, creatinine, cholesterol...) and urine (urinalysis, urine sediment ...), which in many cases provides critical data to guide disease diagnosis and monitoring of patients be those critical, elderly, chronically ill, or animals in clinical trials.
We also performed the analysis of other more specific parameters (special chemistry) such as enzyme control in some animal species (sorbitol dehydrogenase, glutathione peroxidase, etc.). The determination of fructosamine and glycated hemoglobin (important parameter in monitoring and controling diabetes in some animal species) or the determination of bile acids.
- Automatic biochemical analyzers
- Automatic urine analyzers
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Agarose gel electrophoresis
- Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
Fields of Work
- Basic Biochemistry
- Special Biochemistry
- Biochemistry of biological fluids
- Electrophoresis, isozymes
- Protein electrophoresis and immunofixation
- Microscopy of urinary sediment