In the field of endocrine diseases we routinely perform a large number of serum, plasma and urine parameters that provide insight into the functioning of all endocrine glands and at the same time, by means of functional tests, the correct state of all hormonal axes.
In the field of reproduction, this unit provides an emergency service for those parameters that are most important in the interpretation of the ovarian cycle allowing to establish the best time for insemination or for cesarean sectioning.
- RIA gamma and beta systems
- Elisa Systems
- Automated Chemiluminescence Analyzers
- Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
Fields of Work
- Hormones: Exploration of the function of all endocrine glands: pituitary, thyroid, gonads, adrenals, pancreas, placenta etc., Helping the clinician to establish a diagnosis.
- Vitamins: B6, vitamin D derivatives B12, folic acid, etc, diagnoses of mal-absorption or intestinal bacterial overgrowth, nutritional deficiencies, anemia, chronic renal failure and other diseases.