Echevarne Pathology department wants to become a benchmark in veterinary pathology for veterinary clinics and hospitals around the country, linking qualified staff to the most advanced technical means. In addition to the techniques conventionally used in diagnostic support (histochemistry and immunohistochemistry), Echevarne is promoting molecular biology techniques (PCR, HIS) which have been progressively incorporated to this discipline.
Echevarne Veterinary offers a service for pet necropsies, as a result of the coordinated action between Microbiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology units, to provide integral diagnostic services.
This area is leaded by Dr. Daniel Borras, a vet pathologist with over 20 years of experience in this field and former pathologist at the School of Veterinary Medicine of Barcelona (UAB) and member of Citopat labs. Dr. Borras has published articles in national and international journals, lectured on clinical cytology, authored several communications and conferences, as well as co-authored several books in his field. In addition, he has pioneered autopsy implementation in the private sector.
Pathology is still largely an observation/interpretation based field. In line with Echevarne’s ethos of customer care and advice, this service also aims at enabling fluent communication between the pathologist and the vet, to collaborate in the sharing of all information required for clinical decision-making.Special Techniques
- Histochemistry (PAS, Grocott methenamine-silver, Ziehl-Nielsen Congo Red ...)
- Immunohistochemistry (cell identification, cell proliferation factors ...)
- Molecular Pathology (PCR)
- PARR (PCR Antigen Receptor Rearrengement)
- Archive histological preparations and blocks, following current regulations
- Pathology diagnosis of biopsies and surgical specimens
- General cytology sample diagnosis (liquid cytology, fine needle aspirates etc.)
- Macro / Microscopy imaging
- Web-based pathology service